This is a swale/berm I dug out in two days. This swale/berm is on contour which means that the swale should fill up with water completely without water breaking free and traveling down the slope above ground. All of the water that is captured in the swale will percolate into the soil and should form a lens below ground. Also the berm will wick water up from the swale making it available to any vegetation growing on the berm. I’ll probably do a blue berry guild, but I may also plant a tree or two in this berm. Haven’t decided yet. This swale is entirely too big, and it is overkill, but I like diggin’ holes. I may fill the swale with mulch, or I may leave it open. Haven’t decided yet.
SUN is a 501c3 Nonprofit dedicated to developing solutions to resource depletion and population overshoot. Join with us as we seek to create a more Sustainable World for future generations.
Support The Sustaining Universal Needs Foundation
Thank you for your support!
Recent Facebook Posts
No recent Facebook posts to show
- Wooden Bicycles of the Congo (Vid 2min)
- An interesting Selfie Thread from r/collapse
- I Spy Doom Vol 2 Issue 3: Improving Personal Heaters
- The Alaska Snowbird Trail
- The Mystery Prep Challenge Contest
- Geodesic PVC Pipe Home Construction
- I Spy Doom RETURNS!
- Spring in the Tropical Rainforest
- Alaska: Is it Sustainable after TSHTF?
- RE Gets a Stealth Van!