This is a swale/berm I dug out in two days. This swale/berm is on contour which means that the swale should fill up with water completely without water breaking free and traveling down the slope above ground. All of the water that is captured in the swale will percolate into the soil and should form a lens below ground. Also the berm will wick water up from the swale making it available to any vegetation growing on the berm. I’ll probably do a blue berry guild, but I may also plant a tree or two in this berm. Haven’t decided yet. This swale is entirely too big, and it is overkill, but I like diggin’ holes. I may fill the swale with mulch, or I may leave it open. Haven’t decided yet.
SUN is a 501c3 Nonprofit dedicated to developing solutions to resource depletion and population overshoot. Join with us as we seek to create a more Sustainable World for future generations.
Support The Sustaining Universal Needs Foundation
Thank you for your support!
Recent Facebook Posts
No recent Facebook posts to show
- When Not Having Power Kills: 11 Types of Medical Equipment Dependencies
- Prepper DIY: How To Make An Inexpensive Oil Lamp
- ⏰ Dutch police discover family locked away for years on farm 'waiting for the
- Mexican Inventors Create Eco-Friendly Leather Alternative Based on Nopal Cactus
- Company Building Hemp Homes Using 3D Printing Technology
- Scientists Reveal Safest Countries to Ride Out Apocalypse
- World’s Largest Urban Rooftop Farm Set To Open In 2020 In Paris, France
- Prepping for the BIG ONE
- Proper Bullshit Prep......
- C5â€™s Shipping Container Homeâ€¦ of Dooooom