Author Topic: Dome Promotion  (Read 3960 times)

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Dome Promotion
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2014, 03:23:19 AM »
What I'm finding completely odd is the negativity the dome idea is getting everywhere I see it spreading.

It's not just the Trolls on the Diner determined to try and discourage any sort of sustainable response, even the NBLers, who claim they want to live out life in a minimal-impact hospice, are vehemently opposed to any sort of living arrangement that would reduce energy use.  If a building does not use 21st century level of energy consumption, it's a"coffin" in their eyes.

I have a feeling we won't find many people within the "doom" community to adopt this living arrangement, they are more concerned with bankster bonuses than the survival of their grandchildren. 

I'll work on some promotional ideas that emphasize the defensive nature of the domes and see if we can get traction with the survivalist, anti-government types who are paranoid about another Waco or Ruby Ridge, and hopefully let the idea grow outwards from there.

As I said to Ray Jason in email (who just published his most recent piece on NBL, and who wrote to me saddenned by the response he got there), you can't let the NEGATIVITY that you find out of the NBL commentariat get to you.  Ray is a sensitive kind of guy, and the reaction of the Dead & Dying on NBL bugs him.  You also Harry are pretty sensitive when it comes to being criticized.  This is a tough road to hoe we have here, and the ideas are not well received by EITHER Cornucopians or Uber Doomers.

I know we are right in concept and in what we are trying to do.  I will stick to my guns.  I will not let the Negative Waves bring me down.  I will do it alone if I have to, but I sure prefer having a tribe to take my back.

Sorry for being scarce lately over here, but it is time consuming to write and record the rants and do all the Plugging necessary to keep moving the Diner upward in readership.  You guys may think I am nuts, but in the end, it is all about the numbers.  You gotta spread a wide net to catch a few good fish.

RE

Offline WHD

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2014, 12:05:35 PM »
What I'm finding completely odd is the negativity the dome idea is getting everywhere I see it spreading.

It's not just the Trolls on the Diner determined to try and discourage any sort of sustainable response, even the NBLers, who claim they want to live out life in a minimal-impact hospice, are vehemently opposed to any sort of living arrangement that would reduce energy use.  If a building does not use 21st century level of energy consumption, it's a"coffin" in their eyes.

I have a feeling we won't find many people within the "doom" community to adopt this living arrangement, they are more concerned with bankster bonuses than the survival of their grandchildren. 

I'll work on some promotional ideas that emphasize the defensive nature of the domes and see if we can get traction with the survivalist, anti-government types who are paranoid about another Waco or Ruby Ridge, and hopefully let the idea grow outwards from there.

Domes, according to the typical lot arrangement of urban development, mean less living space, and less living space for the vast majority of Americans, translates into "reduced standard of living." Perhaps there can be some growth of the idea in the Survival, Liberty, and Patriot movements, but then, that would go a long way in adding a negative impression, for the rest of America.

The development of this should be about housing for the poor and elderly, and the disabled. But then, we all know, that is who gets tossed to the curb, when resources are harder to come by.

Perhaps what you need to do is buy cheap lots in a few dozen small Tornado Alley towns. Then if a big one comes and wipes out everything but your dome, people will begin to understand. But then, where do the resources come, to build those domes.

That seems to be the crux of all creative attempts to address resource constraints. The constrained resources seem to be flowing uphill at a greater and greater speed. We need a flood in the other direction.

WHD

Offline jdwheeler42

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2014, 09:36:52 AM »
That seems to be the crux of all creative attempts to address resource constraints. The constrained resources seem to be flowing uphill at a greater and greater speed. We need a flood in the other direction.
On the other hand, maybe if people saw a Kardashian living in a dome home, there would be a flood of interest in them.... LOL