Author Topic: Magic  (Read 3384 times)

Offline luciddreams

• View Profile
Magic
« on: April 29, 2014, 08:34:44 PM »
I'm not sure what right I have to question other than I am. 

My question is always "what is true?"

True being a concept with as many meanings as you can imagine.  True how?  Mentally, logically, emotionally, empirically, scientifically, electronically, magically...rhetorically? 

I believe we can use our minds to engage with reality, to manipulate it, magically.  We need to do that because there is literally no other alternative for our species survival...due to energetic restraints.  I've questioned and looked and found that the answer...for me at least...is to simply work more magic. 

Most don't get that.  If their mind could even open enough to ponder a different reality...that may be just as true as the next. 

Recently I was told that most get scared when they realize that the magic is real.  "Ohhh shit, that shit is real...I actually manipulated reality with my mind, with my thoughts, with my intentions!!!  I better stop abruptly because I'm in over my pay grade."  Indeed...or are you?

Perhaps you need simply say yes to the ring's desire...to do what need be done.  The Heroes Journey.  I lost my wedding ring in a hugel bed I created in east Texas after a convocation of souls.  I used the dirt from the hole I dug for the gray water system.  Well...for the shower effluent system that is.  It creates a little pool right at the brain of a snake head made from rock.  I had no idea what I was doing other than allowing this form to be made in the Earth. 

I suppose I should blog at Epiphany Now with this sort of a subject.  I should flesh these thoughts out in blog format.  But I prefer to set it raw, here, for some reason.  Maybe somebodies got something to say towards my questions. 

Offline Eddie

• View Profile
Re: Magic
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2014, 09:56:54 PM »
I bought a magic object today.

It's a hundred year old Japanese ofuro tub complete with a tiny wood stove built in. I drove all the way to San Antonio. I can only imagine some Air Force flyboy brought it back from WWII or the Korean War for his bride.

It will sit on the deck of the new solar shower, under a tin roof. It's going to bring all kinds of good luck to the 'stead.

Offline Eddie

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2014, 10:06:13 PM »
Think it's worth the $60 bucks I paid for it?

I'm making up the story now in my mind....the pilot flew it back in the bomb bay of his B-25. Never had to clear customs. Bought it from the madam at a Tokyo whorehouse. It had sentimental value for him.

Offline H

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2014, 10:13:31 PM »
Looks like a great find.  How does it heat the water without risk of burning someone soaking in it?

Offline Eddie

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2014, 10:16:27 PM »
The heater is quite small. I think the key is to just use a little charcoal or some fat wood. No instructions were included.

« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 10:19:56 PM by Eddie »

Offline luciddreams

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2014, 04:46:11 AM »
That is an interesting find Eddie, and definitely worth 60 bucks. 

Offline Surly1

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2014, 10:18:39 AM »
What IS magic?

If we take the physicists at their word, most of what we see as shape and form is empty space. We are surrounded by void, and even what we recognize as matter is mostly empty space. Which is not nothing; it's laden with hidden characteristics as real as all the stuff in our everyday lives. It can bend; space can twist, and it can ripple; so real that empty space itself helps shape everything in the world around us and forms the very fabric of the cosmos. We are not conscious of it in the same way
fish are probably not conscious of water either... even the fundamantal element of matter, the atom, the basic ingredient in all of us and everything else we see in the world around us, is composed of almost entirely empty space and a handful of electrical charges.

Given that, who is to say the psyche cannot influence space, matter, or time? When people scoff, I tend to recall those nineteenth century blowhards who solemnly decreed that "everything worth being invented by man has now been invented."

I remain convinced that there are unseen worlds awaiting discovery.

Offline WHD

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2014, 12:32:13 PM »
What IS magic?

If we take the physicists at their word, most of what we see as shape and form is empty space. We are surrounded by void, and even what we recognize as matter is mostly empty space. Which is not nothing; it's laden with hidden characteristics as real as all the stuff in our everyday lives. It can bend; space can twist, and it can ripple; so real that empty space itself helps shape everything in the world around us and forms the very fabric of the cosmos. We are not conscious of it in the same way
fish are probably not conscious of water either... even the fundamantal element of matter, the atom, the basic ingredient in all of us and everything else we see in the world around us, is composed of almost entirely empty space and a handful of electrical charges.

Given that, who is to say the psyche cannot influence space, matter, or time? When people scoff, I tend to recall those nineteenth century blowhards who solemnly decreed that "everything worth being invented by man has now been invented."

I remain convinced that there are unseen worlds awaiting discovery.

Magic is taking from the void and making it material, in part. Those physicists are making magic too, in their way. It is also a magic spell that holds people dependent upon and expecting eternality from the current paradigm.

Nature is anarchic. It is also very much alive; from the perspective from the true magician (not the slight of hand kind), ALL matter is imbued with the divine, and the matter that we know as the earth, this "rock" so many are so desirous of getting off of, this "devils' playground," is in fact desirous of a relationship with, and seeks to communicate with you. It is no easy thing however, for those of us raised in the materialist perspective, this "devils abode" or "dead material realm", to either act anarchically or even begin to flow with the rhythms of the anarchically ordered natural systems all life inhabits.

A root of the "evil" that is growth for the sake of growth/eternal material growth paradigm, is that it orders our consciousness logically, analytically, like a grid. That is not to say that consciousness should be all about magic, that logic is bad, but that there has to be something like balance.

There is no reason at all Humanity cannot retain the best of what a material perspective has opened us up to, but that if there is ever to be anything like balance on planet earth with humans, that we have to open up to a magical/anarchically ordered natural order.

In other words, act out of your own convictions, your own sense of what you feel called to do, embrace the synchronicities, the deja vu, the coincidences, and cultivate it more. Trust yourself. Be open.

WHD