Author Topic: Staying Positive  (Read 9151 times)

Offline Surly1

• View Profile
Re: Staying Positive
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2014, 06:25:50 PM »
Gm,
Nice to hear from you. ANy chance of you posting them where we can all see them?

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2014, 07:12:00 PM »
I wrote about it on The Butterchurn if you guys want more details about it...

That was a powerful story GM.

I will cross post it on the Diner.

Miss you too, and everybody else.  Not just physically, everybody is so quiet these days.  :(

RE

Offline H

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2014, 09:06:03 PM »
Very busy on my end, a couple of programming changes only I have the skill set for and they will take days.  Still working on dome stuff,  plus the wife's birthday today.

Offline jdwheeler42

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2014, 10:07:00 PM »
Miss you too, and everybody else.  Not just physically, everybody is so quiet these days.  :(
I know :(  It is sad.

Maybe you, and anyone else who wants to start a community, real or virtual, should watch The Beach (2000) starring Leonardo DiCapprio, especially the end scene:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqTq3kh6D9M

The clip is dubbed in French, but all you need to understand is that the man who hands her the gun has told her he will destroy her little utopian community if she doesn't shoot Leonardo's character.

Offline luciddreams

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2014, 11:48:11 PM »
I've seen that movie...and I love Leonardo...especially after Inception

I to will be writing...eventually.  I'm still shedding skin basically...magical skin.  To make my point, Wendy brought home JMG's Monsters the day before her mother exposed her evil and misery.

I'm still reading it. 

And H, we had a fire night tonight...now I know why

We planted 3 peach trees and 3 apple trees, a raspberry and a concord grape for our 8th anniversary...which was May 5th...the Mexican day of independence. 

We have pictures from the convocation that should be framed and have large price tags affixed.  We worked magic with high dollar photography equipment.  If only you had that, H, when you were writing the paranormal ghost hunting rules. 

Somehow we're going to drive to Cali in the next few weeks.  Gonna make it work with the Saturn Vue and State parks.  West bound with no return date, but return we shall. 

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2014, 03:12:59 AM »
Somehow we're going to drive to Cali in the next few weeks.  Gonna make it work with the Saturn Vue and State parks.  West bound with no return date, but return we shall. 

Roof Box

and rear Bike Carrier

You don't have to mount Bikes on the rack, it can carry tons of lightweight bulky items like sleeping bags,tent, clothes etc bungied on in Duffel Bags.

Wish I had a Pic of my old Toyota Tercel 4WD mini-wagon fully loaded.  The roof had 300lbs of shit on it when I made some of my interstate moves.

Should only cut gas mileage by 3-4 mpg.

RE

Offline H

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2014, 08:43:10 PM »
Nice ideas, RE.

Offline Gypsymamba

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2014, 07:33:23 PM »
Gm,
Nice to hear from you. ANy chance of you posting them where we can all see them?

I do have a FLICKR account.  I suppose I should access it again for the occasion.  I used to have an online hosting site for my clients, but since I've shut the business down, I stopped paying for it...

I'll work on it while LD is cooking tonight ;)

Offline monsta666

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2014, 02:37:06 PM »
Rome wasn't built on a day so patience is key here. Also we must expect setbacks and not get dispirited when they come as given enough will I do believe most things can be resolved. We just need willing people and a supportive community. In light of everything I also think the recent events have shed some light that should be heeded. The important thing to bear in mind is to make progress even if it slow over a long period of time. This is a marathon and not a race so treat it as such. Sorry about the lack of response but the past 2 weeks or so I have been busy and not spent enough time to comment. Nothing to do with the trolling activities bringing me down.

Offline luciddreams

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2014, 05:59:28 PM »
Good points Monsta. 

I've been mostly walkabout since we got back from the Convocation.  I'm stuck between wanting to leave the net completely and knowing I need to continue at least blogging and interacting on at least one forum.  I feel that way because if it had not been for my blogging and interaction on the Diner I never would have experienced the Convocation, and I feel that the Convocation was a life changing event for my family.  GM and I both grew a LOT due to the simple fact that a group of people cared about us, and cared enough to listen to our problems and help with our kids.  Everybody was real, and it was medicine that my family needed greatly. 

I've been concentrating on paying even more attention to the natural world since we've been back.  The internet is not the natural world, but it's a mental one, and a mental one that has much power.  I understand that, but at the same time I simply want to disappear into the wilderness with my family.  That's essentially what the Toothstead was for us, only with refrigeration and air conditioning. 

I guess what I'm getting at is that what the Convocation brought was the existence of a real life tribe.  Look at how awesome life can be in our fucked up society.  Even if only for a week.  If only we could live that way as a way of life.  Then it was ripped away and we all scattered back to our bull shit BAU existence.  Where we wait for TSTHTF amongst a sea of disconnected retards (society at large).  Where we all see the writing on the wall and can do next to nothing about it. 

I still have a lot of thinking to do on the matter of the Convocation and what it meant to me.  It meant a lot, maybe too much.  But I'm not fucking around when I write...I mean everything I type all of the time.  There is never a time when I don't mean what I type, or where it's not the truth...at least that's all true while I'm writing in real time. 

I will be blogging about all of this.  This Thursday my partner is coming from Asheville to spend the night at my house and talk about the future.  That may result in our moving to Asheville, or it might not.  Our life is up in the air right now.  I'm just trying to get to a place where I can do the good work and not worry about how fucked BAU and the Matrix is.  In the meantime my kids continue growing and my body continues to break down on its way to dissolution (my broken tooth broke again, it's cracked in a new place...and I'm waiting to see if when it breaks off I'll have pain or not).  But hey, at least GM and I both got approved for Medicaid :o

Whatever, I've got a lot going on right now, I'm at a cross road that is only now beginning to take shape for me, so that I'll know what's next.  What I know is that I won't be returning to the Matrix. 

It seems GM and I are simply waiting for the next move to show itself to us.  We know there is a move coming, and it's a big one, and part of that has taken form already...but still there is much we don't know. 

Eventually I'll flesh all of this out in a blog I'm sure.  But for now, I'm sitting, paying attention to signs, waiting, and keeping my mind open.  I simply do not know what's next for us.  Hopefully it has something to do with being physically near this tribe. 

One thing is clear, this tribe is bigger than the Diner and RE's ego.  That needs to be understood.  We are no longer just an internet forum.  That is the gift that the Convocation brought.  Hopefully there are large things in store for this tribe.  I'm hopeful in spite of reality. 

Offline WHD

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2014, 12:14:38 PM »
I'm sending this out particularly to WHD, LD, and GM, but it might apply to the rest of us as well.

The convocation has now been over for a few weeks. I am noticing one particular phenomenon, and that is an absence of writing about the event on the part of the younger attendees. I know that all of you have busy lives, and that this is the height of the gardening season, so maybe that's most of it.

But I'm worried that, having made this goal of coming together and achieved it now, that the exaltation of the birth of our collaboration has worn off, and that post-partum depression has set in. I know that it's disappointing that we haven't figured out the way forward from here very well, and that the hopes and dreams that led to the convo might
seem like pipe dreams now, in the harsh light of difficult reality.

Daily living isn't easy, and it might be that it seems futile to hope and dream for a better way of living. And now that you've met each other and me, it might seem like those of us in the older generation might be an unlikely group to ever get our shit together or make any magic happen. And this is no doubt true.

However, each of us, in his or her own way, is doing the best we can to figure out a plan. As JMG said in his blog yesterday, those who have come to awareness, and who are taking rational steps to make a future, are the seedbearers for the human race.

Please be patient. Please keep your hopes, dreams and aspirations alive and cooking. As someone once said, "perseverance furthers". Sometimes all you can do is dream what you want to see  and what you want to be. But please don't discount the power of those dreams. They are a powerful force for good in the world.

So like a month or more after you posted this, Eddie, I am finally showing up to comment.

Seedbearers indeed. I'm going to blame this one on RE.  8) He hasn't sent me hardcopy of those 750 pics I took of your place. I can't write a proper blog post without Pics! LOL.

Seriously, I've also been in the process of learning how to stay positive about all this. Too much immersion in doom was too hard on my spirit and was making me too dark. Anyway, I'm working it out. More on that to come.

WHD

Offline Gypsymamba

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2014, 09:32:15 PM »
Update on our pics:  LD and I are currently sorting through the THOUSANDS of images so that we can upload them to photobucket.  I'll post a link when we get everything settled.

Lots of things are on the UP and UP here :)

I'm shedding some skin.  Lots of changes for the better. 
Spiritual growth.
Parental growth and understanding for our boys.
Healing.
Cleansing.

I think of all of you often.  I hope to have a better online presence to keep touch as the dust settles on the chaos that has been smacking me around the past month or so.

xoxo